The term ‘Lewtrenchard Manor’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Lewtrenchard Manor, Lewdown, Okehampton, Devon EX20 4PN. Our company registration number is 7879590 registered in England & Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
All rates advertised on this web site are strictly subject to availability. There is a limited allocation of rooms available on the offers we advertise.
Special offer rates may not be combined with any other offer. Supplements will be applied to certain rooms. All reservations require written confirmation.
Our online room bookings are processed over secure (https://) connections so that all of the details you provide are transferred using SSL/TLS technology for your security. We accept the following credit/debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express
Cancellations, Amendments & Non Arrivals
We respectfully remind guests that a reservation constitutes a contract. If cancelled up to 2 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of no-show, 100 percent of the total price of the reservation will be charged. We regret there can be no allowance or reduction for curtailment of your stay. We advise insurance cover to be taken out at time of booking. Rates are subject to change without notification
All details within the website are subject to availability and subject to separate Terms and Conditions included within the written confirmation provided from Lewtrenchard Manor.
All events, weddings and conferences are subject to their separate Terms and Conditions included within the written confirmation provided from Lewtrenchard Manor.
Cancellations and Changes made by the Hotel
In the unlikely event that we are unable to accommodate a confirmed reservation it may be necessary to offer an alternative of an equal or a superior standard. If at any time we need to make changes that will significantly affect your stay or we need to cancel your stay, we will tell you as soon as possible, offering a suitable alternative or a refund. This does not apply to minor changes or events during your stay, resulting from unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control.
Check in Times
Bedrooms are normally available from 3.00pm on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 11.00am on the day of departure.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, making a reservation or purchasing a voucher or other products or by corresponding with us by telephone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter, make a reservation or purchase a product on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you may give us may include your name, email address, postal address and telephone number and financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us:
1. When using an online form
• We ask for your details so we can respond in an appropriate way, for example when making a reservation.
• If you have given your consent, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you. If you wish us to stop contacting you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. When signing up for e-mail updates
• We ask for your details so we can add you to our email database and send you updates you’ve requested. This information will not be given to any third party, except to the extent and for the purpose we may be required to do so by any law. If you wish us to stop contacting you please email email@example.com
3. When making a reservation or purchasing product online
• We collect various personal details about you when you make a reservation or purchase other products and services online, including name, home address, billing address, telephone number, email etc. We use the information to process orders and to provide a more personalised service. Collecting these details allows our system to create a customer account for you.
• Having a record of your personal details also allows us to identify you if we need to contact you regarding your reservation or to help identify you when you contact us regarding your reservation.
• We are also able to help if vouchers are lost by checking your personal details on the database. Additionally, our bank recommends that we take the billing address of people purchasing vouchers in advance as this can help to prevent fraudulent use of credit cards.
• The information we collect will not be given to any third party, except to the extent and for the purpose we may be required to do so by any law.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
• We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Lewtrenchard Manor or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lewtrenchard Manor, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Lewtrenchard Manor may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
|Strictly necessary cookies|
|ICO_auth||value 1||controls your cookie preferences||12 months|
|_utma||random number||Analytics – Google Analytics||2 years|
|_utmb||random number||Analytics – Google Analytics||30 minutes|
|_utmc||random number||Analytics – Google Analytics||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||random number + string||Analytics – Google Analytics – information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
Lewtrenchard Manor is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, there will be a tick box is you wish to opt in to our newsletter
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Lewtrenchard Manor, Lewdown, Okehampton, Devon EX20 4PN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.