Dogs are Welcome
If you are planning a weekend or short break in Devon and you don’t want to leave your pet at home, we can help. Lewtrenchard Manor is a dog friendly hotel, and we happily play host to dogs and their owners who are visiting the area to enjoy the delights of Okehampton and Dartmoor. Your four legged friend is more than welcome to stay with you in your room or suite, whilst our extensive grounds are the perfect place for well-behaved dogs to stretch their legs.
The convenient location of Okehampton, right in the heart of Devon’s beautiful countryside, means that it is a popular holiday destination for couples and families alike. The area is perfect for long walks and exploring what nature has to offer, and if you prefer your holidays with your pet in tow, we recommend that you book a stay at Lewtrenchard Manor.
Our Dog Policy
While we allow dogs in the public rooms on leads, providing other guests do not object, we kindly ask that they are not left unaccompanied in the bedroom unless caged. Please note that dogs are not permitted in the restaurant or the walled vegetable garden.
Your Questions Answered
- Q. Which of your bedrooms can we stay in with our dogs?
- A. Here at Lewtrenchard Manor we love dogs. Well behaved dogs are allowed in ALL of our en-suite bedrooms.
- Q. Can you accommodate large dogs or more than one dog?
- A. If you would like to bring larger dogs or more than one dog to Lewtrenchard Manor, you would need to book one of our larger rooms, which are; Nonington, Warrington, St Clements, St Gertrude, Prince Rupert, Seymour.
- Q. Where in the hotel are dogs allowed?
- A. Dogs are allowed into all of our public rooms except the Restaurant.
- Q. How much do you charge for dogs to stay at Lewtrenchard Manor?
- A. We charge £15.00 per dog, per stay and includes a blanket and biscuits in room on arrival.
- Q. Do we need to bring our dog’s own bed and belongings?
- A. As mentioned above we do provide a blanket, but we do suggest that you bring your dog’s own bedding as this often helps them to settle and enjoy their holiday at Lewtrenchard Manor.
- Q. We have a new puppy, can we bring it with us?
- A. For puppies we ask that if they are under 6 months old they are not left in the bedroom unattended unless in a doggie crate. They must also be up to date with their injections.
- Q. Will our dogs mix with other dogs at the hotel?
- A. Yes, we are extremely dog friendly and welcome all our guests’ well-behaved dogs. However, we do insist that all visiting dogs should be completely up to date with their vaccinations. We have extensive gardens (although we ask that guests do not take their dogs into our walled vegetable garden) at Lewtrenchard Manor in which you and other owners can safely exercise your dogs and meet other dogs.
- Q. What do guests do with their dogs whilst they eat in the restaurant?
- A. We ask that guest do not leave their dogs in their rooms unattended unless they are in a doggie crate. Some guests prefer to keep their dog in their car during meal times, as most dogs consider this an extension of their home. If you prefer your dog to stay in a doggie crate in the bedroom whist you dine, please inform us as housekeeping offer a turn down service of your room in the evening and this may disturb your dog.
And finally….although we love dogs we ask you to be aware that not all of our guests staying will have dogs, so please can you ensure that in the public areas your dogs are always under control, not allowed to wander into the Restaurant or upset other guests. And as in any hotel, dogs are not allowed on the furniture and if on the rare occasion any damage occurred this would need to be paid for.
Holidays for the Whole Family
Whilst we’re proud of our status as one of the leading dog friendly hotels in Devon, we also aim to be human-friendly too. Our well-appointed hotel offers comfortable, luxurious accommodation that you’ll simply love to spend time in, and whether human or canine, we aim to make all of our guests feel right at home when staying with us.